Sunday, February 1, 2009

So it comes down to the last few details the things that while don't have to be done, can be done, and as long as we're waiting - will be done.

Things like:
  • laundering all of his new clothes
  • folding all his new clothes
  • putting all those clothes away in his dresser
  • unpacking (or should I say unpackaging) all the wonderful gifts people have given us
  • writing and sending all the thank you cards for the wonderful gifts people have given
  • putting together some of those gifts (and yes they all have instructions)
  • vacuuming and dusting his room
  • cleaning all the bathrooms for when family and friends stop by
  • getting the Germ-X opened
  • setting up his Pack-N-Play for when his niece comes to visit
  • purchasing last minute things we figured out we still need
  • unwrapping packages of diapers and putting them near the changing tables
  • organizing his closet
  • attend one last shower
  • clean the whole rest of the house
  • get all the baby bottles/passies and other kitchen-type items stored somewhere in the kitchen
  • creating his electronic and snail-mail birth announcements
  • finding a pediatrician
  • filling out last minute paper work
  • getting over-night bags packed and placed in the car
  • you get the point...
There seems like lots to do, and really most of the stuff above is really all done - which I'm glad for and many people have said, "Oh, don't worry about that stuff, it's not important." And while I'm given to agree with them, it's stuff that I can do, and well, he's not here yet, and I have 'nothing' else to do, so I thought, I'll use my time now, so that these things don't 'bother' me later once he is here.

On the flip-side much of it is very exciting and helps to make the whole thing of him coming soon - more real. Having the pack'n'play in our room now - before he's really here, has really helped to change the environment I find myself in normally - there's going to be one sweet little guy sleeping nearby - and right over there - that's where that'll be.

I'm very excited and lots of people continue to ask, "Is he here yet." No, not yet, but sooner rather than later, but not yet. It seems like so many (including myself) are in a 'hurry' to see him and yet we have seen him and am glad for him to come - in his time and in the time that God's appointed for him to come. It will be any day now and while the waiting may be inconvenient, I will wait. Patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment