Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Eating... it's so difficult

Ok, so I'm not sure whey Elijah has such a hard time eating, but then again it's probably my fault - really. We know that Elijah has clinical acid reflux and we know that he's into eating about as much as I am. He also has the same stature and build I do. He's a little guy. Having said that I have decided not to be frustrated with his not wanting to eat.. or shall I say his acid reflux.

I just feel bad for him because I know that the acid reflux isn't good for his esophagus and that being as little as he is, he needs all the calories we can get into him. He's not lethargic or unhappy. On the contrary, he's a very happy baby, smiles a lot and enjoys playing with his toys and with other babies.

I just hope that he is able to grow out of his acid reflux, esp. as he starts walking, which he hasn't quite done yet, though he does stand at the table and walk himself around that. By all accounts (from what the checkers and grandmas in the malls tell me) - it won't be long before he's toddling himself about everywhere - 'wireless', and completely self-propelled.

I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings. Today we had "Country Ham" for breakfast - with gravy... the leftovers from the 4oz bottle he didn't want to take. Blue couldn't even persuade him.

No comments:

Post a Comment